Bleach creator Tite Kubo has drawn an illustration in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the music group Gorillaz, who released its debut album in 2001 — the same year that Weekly Shonen Jump began serialization on Bleach.
The illustration is Kubo’s rendition of the band’s four fictional members, who are normally represented as animated characters. The illustration also commemorates the November 30 release in Japan of the band’s The Singles Collection 2001-2011 album.
Kubo wrote a congratulatory message to the Gorillaz to accompany the illustration. The English-translated message on Emi Music Japan’s website reads:
The impact from “Clint Eastwood” still lingers 10 years on.
In the same year I started to draw my current work, Gorillaz released the 1st album. For these 10 years, Gorillaz have remained very special to me. They will continue to do so for the next 10.
Before the next 10 years begin, I need to listen to this album.
Thanks Gorillaz. All the best for the next 10 years.
- nickthejam likes this
- anonymousturtlelover likes this
- rhinestone-windmill reblogged this from datmemph
- crazysunshine542 reblogged this from datmemph
- idonotlikegreeneggsandhamkiamiam reblogged this from smallworldsyndrome
- darkpoptoy reblogged this from smallworldsyndrome
- smallworldsyndrome reblogged this from datmemph
- rjrovano likes this
- datmemph posted this